Wednesday 1 August 2018

Ready to Wear - Because MTM & Bespoke Are Usually Not Necessary


This is a photograph of Yours Truly taken months ago. Basically nothing from here is Made to Measure (MTM) or Bespoke. The button down cotton shirt is by Brooks Brothers (non-iron, made in Malaysia stuff - I wear it because it helps the local factories, because I don't have any problems wearing non-iron and it does make my life easier), the flax-linen sports jacket by Massimo Dutti and the trousers, by Marks & Spencer (Collezione line with some Italian cotton fabric and surprisingly high waisted by today's standards). Oh, the pocket square is some Italian branded cotton one which I forgot the make.


So yes, I love the fit and finish here. Nothing is tight fitting and it is supremely comfortable to wear in this in the hot and humid Malaysian weather. Wearing nicely fitting clothing with some give always allows air to circulate and makes it easier to stretch without worrying whether the seams will burst out (especially since I am a little on the large side). The cotton, linen mix here also keeps things extremely cool. 

The double vented, two button jacket is of course, a hopsack type of linen-flax fabric, unlined with only the sleeves having lining. Slightly padded at the shoulders but its all softly tailored. This is one of my favourite pieces actually. 

The shoes are by Fratelli Rossetti. Another brand which I actually fancy and underrated in my opinion. The belt, I think is something old. Fifteen years at least.

So yes, head to toe in ready to wear with nothing specially commissioned for me. Of course, the shirt sleeves, jacket sleeves and trouser leg has been altered to fit. The trousers were bought longer so I cuffed them with a very slightly break - did it myself. It does make the trousers hang better. 

It is all about the fit actually. And time to spend at the alterations tailor. 



No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...