Saturday 10 October 2015

Foldable or telescopic umbrella - The easy to carry around brolly


Sorry about the dusty car boot - it's the haze here in Malaysia I tell you. And I was in a hurry. 


Unlike places like Hong Kong or even Singapore, there aren't stores that fully cater to a man's need for accessories. Try finding a bow tie that isn't the ready tied ones and see. You have to order online or hunt for it. You will find one at Hackett another at Brooks Brothers and maybe at some of the older tailoring establishments. No one stop haberdashery to go to for all of one's needs.



Another is the umbrella. I have written about the full length wooden shaft one from Oroton which I keep in the car and now I show you the telescopic one which I usually bring around in a bag when I am on errands. A proper looking and sturdy men's folding or telescopic umbrella is hard to find here unless you mail order one in. I seldom buy anything mail order as I am one of those old school buy only after what I see type of people. I have bought online but I prefer to view it and then buy.

Anyway only Marks & Spencer (who could be considered as a complete one stop for a man to buy classically styled clothing but with the caveat that their brand sells everything from skirts, children's clothing and food which some men may think is beneath them. I don't as it's not like there is much of a choice in this part of the world) and Oroton here sell proper and sturdy looking telescopic umbrellas. Oroton may have some models with their brand name stamped all over it so if you don't like logos or helping companies advertise their products for free just head over to M&S for their telescopic umbrella.

It costs under RM200 and it has a simple understated black canopy . It steel frame looks sturdy enough to prevent blowouts from strong gusts of wind and it has that all important wood handle that makes it nice to grip upon. Natural materials are nicer to grasp than if it were plastic. There is a leatherette grip version but I prefer this one. It looks more traditional and classy. To me that is. 



No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...