Wednesday 21 October 2015

Fruit of the Loom Polo Shirt Gets A Little More Luxury



I was reading through the Malaysian equivalent of The Style Forum (which is called TheKerbau.com - Kerbau means buffalo so go figure) and there was this chap who has come up with the most luxurious polo shirt ever made. I think it may be so with crow's foot hand stitched buttons, silky smooth cotton pique material and pick stitching on the shoulder seams and armholes. Even my Brioni Polo Shirts aren't that luxurious. 


Anyway, this gave rise to an idea. I shall now slowly Crow Foot Stitch all the buttons in my cheapo polo shirts to give them a more luxurious look to it. I suppose this is because I have the time (aka nothing better to do) and doing three to four buttons per shirt is easy peasy. So my super cheap Fruit of the Loom 35/65 polo which I bought years and years ago (a decade at least what can I say, my stuff lasts) is the first one that gets this treatment. 35/65 is 35% cotton and 65% polyester. Polyester is the dreaded material of all those style aficionados but to be fair, the shirt does not run warm or makes me sweat like a pig or whatever. Maybe it is because of the pique type of knit. It is an open knit so it allows air to pass through easily. It does have some lint though, but after a decade, who cares. And I bought it for RM18. Imagine RM18 lasting this long.

Anyway, you can see that it looks pretty good from a distance (as in the photo below). The shirt may be old and has some not very visible lint even from a few feet away. And it has surprisingly kept its shape after all these years. This only happens if you have a large enough wardrobe I think as it gets used once or twice every few months.

So new, better looking buttons and the handsewn (by myself) crows foot stitching on a cheapo old polo shirt.

Sorry. I had nothing better to do. But the shirt looks better, yes?

No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...