Wednesday 13 January 2016

A Useful Little Bag



This was a present from my better half. It was bought on one of our trips to Singapore. Marked 'Vera Pelle Made In Italy' on the outside. It is a generic Italian made leather bag that you could buy (read, affordable). But one that still allows me to carry my stuff whilst I run around doing my errands with a bit of style. I have another bag, a messenger bag but this has now become my favourite due to its looks and practicality. 

It has two zippered compartments that can fit A4 sized folders (a little snugly), two pouches - one that can fit a smartphone and another, that could fit larger stuff and leather straps that allow you to strap on today's newspaper or a collapsible/folding umbrella like in the photo above. The bag allows me to carry everything I need and keep my hands, and head free (hats come in handy on certain other occasion like at the beach, or watching some outdoor stuff when I don't need to carry documents and stuff with me). The good thing about a bag is that it keeps the brolly outside the bag away from any documents I am carrying unlike the messenger bag where I have to put the brolly inside it. Important when it stops raining after I use it as it stays outside the bag and I don't have to carry it


It also has a shoulder strap which comes in handy when I am taking the LRT, KTM Komuter or the Monorail around the Klang Valley - for safety purposes (yes, I do take public transport occasionally. More often than you think). I also like this because it has a handle for me to carry it also. Most of the time, carrying a bag looks better than slinging/carrying it around your shoulder.

 The foldable umbrella is useful when walking to and from the LRT stations, especially as it rains a lot here in Kuala Lumpur or if the sun is shining down brightly. The umbrella is easy to carry and offers more protection for me and also the bag. 

I like this bag because it also has that nice leather patina. It should reach a darker tone and added character after a few years like the decades old briefcase that I have.

No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...