Wednesday 21 August 2019

The Pair of Ferragamo Shoes That Had Disintegrated Soles Have Been Repaired


I am back for a short article folks! I have been busy with my Motoring Malaysia blog and its YouTube channel. We have been testing lots of cars over there and if you like cars, trucks and buses you should head over there. But here is a follow up post on the pair of Ferragamo shoes that basically died due to its rubber sole deteriorating. I've got them fixed.


Before....
....After

You can see from the pics above the shoe is repaired. It was done by the cobbler over at the Atria in Petaling Jaya. At the LG carpark level escalator near the Village Grocer side. You can see that they've changed the rubber sole to a leather sole and stacked heel. They cobbler basically got the sole stitched to the uppers and now, from a stuck on constructed shoe (glued) to a blake stitched one with a leather sole. 

So the shoe has basically become slightly better in some ways. You can actually get the sole stitched to the upper most of the time provided the cobbler has proper machinery. Here in Malaysia, I've mentioned previously that the cobblers here do not have Goodyear Welting machines. Nearest could be Singapore for most of us and I've also heard of a cobbler over in Kuching, Sarawak that has such a machine. Quite tough for most, which is why I've said that I prefer blake stitched shoes here. 

But these days, as I have built up a sizeable collection of shoes, I think it actually takes years for me to wear out any of them. Even if I did wear them out I will get a Topy piece of rubber half sole when they're half worn and they will then last years. So when I get a pair half soled with the half sole, I just replace the half sole later. But at this moment, due to rotating my shoes, I haven't resoled any pairs in the past two years or more (I think) with the exception of this pair you see here.

You can see my ruined shoe is now perfectly wearable. Wore them today to an event and it was comfortable. I wore them without socks and I suffered no blisters or any sort of issues. It was comfortable. It may be slightly crude looking in terms of total finishing due to the lack of more expensive soles on stock (these days not many ask for a full leather sole according to the cobbler so less people keep stock) but from afar, I think they're more than adequate. And I get another pair of shoes to add back to my rotation.

Oh, I nearly forgot. They cost me RM350 to get these pair done. I think its worth it. Of course, I have to state again that sometimes, it could be better to just buy shoes with leather soles as they will never disintegrate over time. Do read the previous article linked above for a clearer picture folks.





No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...