Thursday 14 November 2019

Video: The Land Rover Above and Beyond Drive Experience - Testing the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Velar


Hello again folks. I have been busy elsewhere. You guys know that I have a motoring website don't you? Motoring-Malaysia is where I do most of my writing these days and also a lot of videography. Maybe one of these days I will actually blog or write about how I have been producing my videos. It has been a one man operation to date and I usually record and edit everything on my own. Which is why I have been busy with this one featuring the Land Rover Above and Beyond Drive Experience with the 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport and the 2019 Range Rover Velar.




The Above and Beyond Tour is somewhat of a Land Rover global exercise where customers and invited guests as well as enthusiasts get to try out the Land Rover vehicles through an off-road obstacle course and it will also show you how a Land Rover actually performs. 

In case any of you were wondering prior to watching the video, the Land Rover Discovery Sport and the Range Rover Velar are very, very good off-road for what you can consider as luxury vehicles. Even though the SUVs I tried had road tyres or their factory fitted tyres, they still performed well in terms of basic, slightly muddy conditions. The trails that were used could be like someone's dirt path on some of their orchards or here in Malaysia, their 'dusun'. 


When you have a Land Rover, or even the more luxurious Range Rover, take it off-road once or twice a year. You will get your money's worth, especially in the over half a million Ringgit Velar. That vehicle may cost a good RM150K at least over the RM370K (fully imported, crazy taxes) Discovery Sport, but after driving it, and experiencing its added refinement, you know that Land Rover put in more into the compact luxury SUV. Compact because it technically is so as the Range Rover Sport and even larger and stately Range Rover sits above it. 


But that being said, the Velar is very much the luxury vehicle it has set out to be. There is an understated elegance to the exterior styling that captures your attention. The interior is very modern, without any sense of an English country manor at all. It is modern inside and outside. It is also something which I would suggest those who can afford one to go and try out. 

It isn't a German luxury SUV. It isn't a Swedish SUV. But it is premium and makes you feel good when you're sitting inside one. Watch the video folks! It is featured on Land Rover Asia Pacific's YouTube Channel. 

I have been going places you know. This is why I am busy.

No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...