Saturday 4 November 2023

My Blucher Mocs get new Vibram soles

The pair of Blucher mocs that I bought in 2017 have had their soles replaced recently. The soles basically wore out sometime in 2022 and I've  stored the shoes so that I can get them repaired at a later date. And that later date was a few weeks ago.



Yes I've been procrastinating but these days, I usually do. The shoes are by a brand called Airflex and the commando soles have worn out. Not only that, the insole where the feet sits on has also died, or disintegrated. 

The cobbler, which is the one based in The Atria in Damansara Jaya did a decent job fixing them. New Woly moulded insole, a new Vibram commando sole and new leather laces made the Blucher mocs whole again. I think the Vibram soles make the shoe look better than the original soles.

The reason why I decided to get them fixed is because they were very comfortable and the leather uppers were in pretty good condition. No cracks or tears just some patina in them. And you know I like patina. It brings out the character in the leather. 

Anyway, now it just needs some shoe cream and it will go into my casual shoe rotation again. Super chuffed about this as I'm going to get many years more from this pair. 

Repair costs totaled around MYR150 to 200.00. I don't really remember as this was a job with the wife's shoes too. But a new Blucher moc of this type could be around MYR600.00 these days. I bought these pair during my last trip to Perth, AU (November 2017) and they do have some memories attached to them. Not bad actually, 5 hard years of use and I now get even more out of them.


No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...