Friday 22 April 2016

A good article on receiving a compliment


Spending some time to look presentable actually pays off for me. Most of you are aware in sunny and always summer Malaysia almosts everyone dresses very, very casually. I have been getting a fair bit of compliments just because I wore a decent pair or shoes or the shirt was properly tucked in. When you start with the suits, ties, blazers with pocket squares things get even more interesting. 

This article by David Isle of Nomanwalksalone is appropriate. I somehow was already feeling what was written at around the same time it was published. When you get into the deep end of something and you end up being passionate about it, you find that you cannot shut up even the most appropriate answer would be a simple 'Thank You'. 

I have ended up explaining what I wear a few times. I  should stop actually. So the last time someone complemented me I did say 'Thank you' and then I actually tried to stop but said to the group people 'No guys. I am not going to go on a monolog on where I got the jacket at so and so." Which actually got a lot of laughs too.

So yes. I agree with Mr Isle. A simple 'Thank you. I like it too' as per the article above is really all you need. I myself need more self restraint!

No comments:

...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...